Killer for hire scam-Hitman scam, this one will creep you out!

Some of you might be thinking who would fall for this, but unfortunately some do. Fear is a very nasty weapon, and scam artist’s know it. Here is a sample e-mail threatening to kill the recipient if they do not pay them:

This is the only way I could contact you for now,I want you to be very careful about this and keep this secret with you until I make out space for us to se. You have no need of knowing who I am or where I am from.I know this may sound very surprising to you but it’s the situation.I have been paid some ransom in advance to terminate you with some reasons listed to me by my employer.It’s someone I beleive you call a friend, I have followed you closely for a while now and have seen that you are innocent of the accusations he leveled against you.Do not contact the police or try to send a copy of this to them,because if you do, I will know,and I might be pushed to do what I have been paid to do.Besides, this is the ist time I turn out to be a betrayer in my job.I took pity on you,that is why I have made up my mind to help you if you are willing to help yourself.

Now listen,I will arrange for us to see face to face,but before that, I need $12,000. I will come to your home or you determine where you wish we meet;I repeat, do not arrange for the cops and if you play hard to get, it will be extended to your family.Do not set any camera to cover us or set up any tape to record our conversation, my employer is in my control now. Payment details will be provided for you to make a part payment of $5000 first,which will serve as gurantee that you are ready to you co-orperate,then i will post a copy of the video tape that contains his request for me to terminate you which will be enough evidence for you to take any legal action against him before he employs another person for the job. You will pay the balance of $7000 once you receive the tape.

Warning; do not contact the police, make sure you stay indoors once it is 7.30pm until this whole thing is sorted out,if you neglect any of these warnimgs, you will have yourself to blame. You do not have much time, so get back to me immediately

Note:I will advise you keep this to yourself alone, not even a friend or a family member should know about it because it could be one of them.

Even when I know this is a scam I still get an eerie feeling. Also understand that if 99% of people will not comply, it still leaves that 1%. We need to get the word out before that 1% is left sick with worry. Note the poor English, it seems to be a reoccurring theme with a lot of scams.

Also check out our top 10 scam’s list, and our list of fraudulent websites list.

 

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Killer for hire scam-Hitman scam, this one will creep you out!

  1. Got this one today, and yeah, it does give an unsettling feeling. I forwarded it to the FBI and my local police.

  2. Ok, who do I pay and how do I pay them? I’m pretty sure I know who put you up to this, and I’d rather just pay this off, but if you try to get me to spend more money than this amount, I will not.

    -john

  3. I would write back with: Yeah,come on over to collect….. I look forward seeing what happens when you try to get inside my home….Let’s just say, you won’t be walking out!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s